Allow me to introduce myself...

Why hello there, welcome to my brand new blog! I'd like to take a minute to introduce myself, and give you a brief idea of the kind of content you can expect to see here.

My name is Sam, and I'm an avid (some may say fanatical) reader. I never leave the house without at least a couple of books, just in case I happen to be in a situation where I finish one (always good to have a backup!). I can't remember a time in my life where books didn't play a major role. I learned to read early on, with the help of my father and J.R.R. Tolkien's The Hobbit, and I haven't stopped since.

But, a girl has to have options. So when I need a break from reading (which does happen on occasion), I turn to one of my more recent passions: crochet. I've been hooking away for about two years now, and I've discovered that I absolutely love it! I've come across so many interesting projects and creators since I first found this hobby that I felt it wouldn't feel right to leave it out of my blog. So while this blog is going to focus primarily on book-related topics, you can expect to see the occasional crafty post as well.

As to what, specifically, you can expect to find in my future posts, I'll be starting off with book reviews and branching out from there. My reviews are going to fall into three categories of books: new (published within the last 12 months), newish (published within the last 5 years), and backlist (older books, or books that have been on my shelves for more than 2 years). This is partially in an effort to motivate myself to make a dent in my sizeable unread library, but more so, it's an opportunity for me to provide you all with something a bit more varied! Everyone loves hearing about the hot new releases of course, but sometimes you might be looking for something a little different, and I'm hoping my backlist reviews will inspire some of you to grab something that's maybe been sitting on your shelves for a bit. No genre is off the table, so you can expect to see a variety there as well!

So once again, welcome to my blog, and thanks for reading! I hope you'll stick around and explore my to-be-read stacks along with me.

-Sam

Comments

Popular Posts